Before continuing in this module, I recommend you perform the following brief grounding exercise. This will help to focus your mind and energies making it easier for you to absorb the material.
• Locate a quiet space where you will not be disturbed. It should be quiet and free of distraction. Set up whatever you will need to be able to study the material. Have a glass of clean water at hand. Make sure you are wearing comfortable clothing.
• Stand with your feet shoulder width apart, toes pointed slightly outward. Alternately, you can sit with your legs in a relaxed position but keeping your feet flat on the floor, toes pointed slightly outward.
• Roll your shoulders several times and stretch your arms straight out until the muscles are tense. Allow your arms to relax and bring them down to your sides (standing position) or let them come to a natural rest with your palms on the tops of your thighs (seated position). Turn your head from side to side a few times to loosen any tension held in your neck. Now, focus on sitting or standing with your spine straight, your chin level and your shoulders drawn slightly back.
• Begin to take slow and even breaths, making sure to breathe from your abdomen.
Focus on your breathing. Your eyes may be closed. Allow your mind and body to still themselves.
• Continue breathing and shift your focus to the sensation of your feet against the floor. Imagine your feet slowly sinking into the floor as if they were roots. Visualize a warm shaft of light coming down from above, entering your body through your head and filling your entire being with a warm, safe feeling. Allow the light to pass through your feet, through the floor, all the way down into the Earth. Continue breathing and visualizing until all distraction is driven from your mind. You are now ready to begin studying the module.