Being an enriching and exhilarating experience, there are numerous benefits of lucid dreaming. However, before moving on to these favorable uses of lucidity, you need to understand that this is not merely an occult related occurrence. Rather, it is a scientifically proven phenomenon.
Such dreams usually seem real and distinctive because during conscious dreaming you are aware of the fact that you are dreaming. It is believed that children are naturally better lucid dreamers than most adults.
Lucid Dreaming Benefits
- At its most basic level, lucid dreaming can create enjoyable experiences in dreams, thereby relieving stress. Moreover, these dreams serve as a remarkable means for exploring alternate reality. Nonetheless, they should not be used for the purpose of escapism.
- By helping you gain control over your dreams, conscious dreaming works as a great tool in getting rid of nightmares. Moreover, it can be used to relive your previous pleasant dreams and experiences.
- Communication with the unconscious mind during lucid dreaming can assist in dream interpretation.
- Your creativity is usually enhanced while sleeping, and you can use this creativity to your advantage by becoming lucid. There have been many famous artists who got inspiration for their art in their dreams. For instance, it was in a dream that singer/songwriter Paul McCartney got the tune for the Beatles song “Yesterday.”
- Conscious dreaming can also aid in brainstorming ideas and problem solving. In fact, it is a renowned fact that several scientists have unfolded the mysteries of science through their dreams.Nikola Tesla, who is known for his revolutionary contributions in the field of electromagnetism, is one of the best examples in this regard. It is believed that he had incredible mental characteristics which enabled him to run complex dream experiments in his lucid dreams.
- Dreams provide valuable information about your personality. Conscious dreaming can assist you in identifying your fears and hence overcoming them. Therefore, self development and facilitation in psychological growth are some other significant benefits of lucid dreaming. Moreover, tapping into a higher consciousness is sure to boost your confidence.
- Being an empowering experience, lucid dreaming can help achieve self-control to quit addictions like smoking, alcoholism, etc. So, it can be associated with healing and therapy.
- It can also be used conveniently for imaginary rehearsals to improve your skills. This advantage of lucid dreaming is particularly useful for athletes as they can practice particular moves in the distraction free arena of controlled dreams.
- When practiced seriously, lucid dreaming can aid in astral traveling or out-of-body experiences.
- Lucidity is also associated with meditation. Hence, it can prove beneficial in of terms of spiritual advancement. It can be used as a form of yoga to maintain full waking consciousness while remaining in dream state.
Benefits of lucid dreaming are not just limited to the ones listed above. It is an overwhelming experience that can enable you to explore your nocturnal journeys consciously to get a glimpse of deeper reality and bring forth your own inner strengths.